Smoke DampersGO BACK
Motorised Smoke Dampers
4 Hours Fire integrity rating
The Blendair Motorised Smoke Damper Series MSD is a HEAVY DUTY damper, designed to provide efficient airflow control and to impede the spread of smoke and/or combustible products (e.g. smoke) through wall openings to other fire compartments of an air-handling system.
This range of Motorised Smoke Dampers finds its application in building construction and mining industry where ventilation, heating, cooling or air-conditioning systems are employed.
The design concept is based on an interlinked set of blades connected with a solid drive shaft using a standard pneumatic actuator or electric –electronic fail-safe spring return actuator with a fusible link incorporated into the closing mechanism and spring clip holding the blades in the closed position after closure.
Smoke Spill Control Dampers
The SSD Smoke Spill Control Damper is a safety device to control the spread of hot smoke in an emergency situation and to efficiently control the airflow in conventional air handling systems. The SSD may be a low leakage damper of an ultra-low leakage damper, which operates safely up to 200 degree C and meets AS 1668 requirements. It will be supplied with parallel blades as standard (opposed blades – optional).
Interlocking blade edges and spring steel side seals provide the basis for reduced leakage. For ultra-low leakage the blades are fitted with high temperature silicon-rubber balloon seals that further reduce the leakage. Specially formed standard components and non-corrosive bearings conform to specifications required for high quality, low leakage, maximum rigidity and low operating torque. This allows the use of smaller or fewer actuators.
Multiple sections are inter-connected with a solid drive shaft and provide – together with individually adjustable thermal blade linkages – a positive connection for optimum close-off sealing.
Total damper design and close manufacturing tolerances of Blendair dampers result in LONG DAMPER LIFE, SMOOTH AND RELIABLE CONTROL and ENERGY SAVING.
- Spring stainless steel side seal minimises blade end leakage
- 9-breaks interlocking blades ensure rigidity and tighter close-off seal
- Ground stainless steel blade axles and iolite bearings reduce friction and torque requirements, thus small actuators
- Rigid galvanised steel construction resists corrosion and extends damper life
- Corrosive-resistant internal blade linkage allows easy maintenance and field adjustment and interchangeable components
- High temperature inflatable silicon rubber balloon for smoke control operation at 200 degree C on ultra-low leakage dampers
- Low leakage results in energy saving